Local providers and Working Together
Seven local hospital Trusts have also formed a Working Together partnership; working together on a number of common issues to deliver benefits they would not normally achieve by working alone.
These Trusts are:
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Collaborating on a number of common issues, the partnership aims to strengthen each organisation's ability to deliver safe, sustainable and local services, meet commissioner intentions to improve people’s health and wellbeing and make collective efficiencies wherever possible.
Working Together has already seen a number of benefits including the ability to roll out new, ‘touch of a button’ technology across multiple sites, allowing both GPs and hospital sites to quickly and securely access and share vital patient information.
In September 2015, the partnership was also named as one of the new Vanguard sites, representing the next stage of the NHS Forward View. Their collective aim for the coming months is to continue working with the commissioners to further improve quality, safety and patient experience throughout the region.
Find out more about the Trusts’ partnership